Technical Support Specialist - Industrial IoT
Location: AMI Global HQ – Las Vegas, NV
AMI is an IIoT technology company with a focus on secure software, hardware, and service solutions for OEMs. AMI’s IIoT solutions allow customers to connect remote industrial assets and equipment to the Internet, enabling data collection and analysis as well as remote control of these assets. AMI has developed proprietary technology that allows for a secure, easy, and affordable way to connect remote assets and optimize digital performance.
For almost a decade, AMI has been working with Global clients and has installed their solutions in various countries in the world, were we specialize in IIoT systems and strategies for equipment manufacturers, distributors and other integrators in the fluid management sector.
AMI Global is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to contribute to the success of our Technical Customer Support Department. Are you passionate about responding to customer's concerns? Do you have the technical expertise needed to help resolve technical problems? You could be who we are looking for!
• Office location: Las Vegas, Nevada
• Working hours: 9AM – 5PM
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer
• Position requires use of headset/microphone
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions
• Deliver service and support to end-users using the phone, web-browsers, emails and remote connection over the internet such as GoToMeeting, JoinMe and other applications;
• Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
• Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet access, cellular connectivity, and system functionality answers;
• Research required information using our IIoT portal and other available resources;
• Follow standard processes and procedures;
• Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
• Redirect problems to appropriate resource;
• Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
• Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary;
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
• Practical technical background is a plus
• Enjoys working in an ever-evolving environment
• Detail orientated
• Technical education is a plus
• Proper phone etiquette;
• Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and concise
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, web-browsers and AMI special equipment (after training);
DISCOVER YOUR DIGITAL POTENTIAL
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
• Effective listening skills;
• Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
• Multi-tasking capabilities;
• Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree, or Technical Training
• Industrial market knowledge with VFD’s, pumps, valves
• Knowledge of control systems/panel design
• Ability to read wiring diagrams
• Knowledge of communication platforms
• Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
• Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
• Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
• Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
• Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
To apply for this position, please send an email with your current resume and contact details to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org