Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: AMI Global HQ – Las Vegas, NV
AMI is an IIoT technology company with a focus on secure software, hardware, and service solutions for OEMs. AMI’s IIoT solutions allow customers to connect remote industrial assets and equipment to the Internet, enabling data collection and analysis as well as remote control of these assets. AMI has developed proprietary technology that allows for a secure, easy, and affordable way to connect remote assets and optimize digital performance.
For almost a decade, AMI has been working with Global clients and has installed their solutions in various countries in the world, were we specialize in IIoT systems and strategies for equipment manufacturers, distributors and other integrators in the fluid management sector.
AMI Global is currently looking for a highly skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. In this position, you must have a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational and communication skills. Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are a must, as well as skilled execution of test cases and a passion for quality.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions
• Review and analyze system specifications
• Collaborate with product management, development and customer support to develop effective strategies and test plans
• Consistently execute test cases (manual and/or automated) and analyze results in a timely manner
• Generate logs to document testing phases and defects
• Effectively report bugs and errors to development teams
• Help troubleshoot issues.
• Follow-through and conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
• Practical technical background is a plus
• Enjoys working in an ever-evolving environment
• Detail orientated
• Technical education is a plus
• Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and concise
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, web-browsers and AMI special equipment (after training);
DISCOVER YOUR DIGITAL POTENTIAL
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
• Effective listening skills;
• Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
• Multi-tasking capabilities;
• BS/BA in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field
• Proven work experience as a QA tester or similar role
• Significant work history showing aptitude for project management and QA methodology
• Competence in all technical skills needed to document and troubleshoot errors
• Experience and familiarity with test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
• Strong critical thinking skills, an analytical mind, and problem-solving aptitude
• Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
• Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
• Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
• Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
To apply for this position, please send an email with your current resume and contact details to the following email address: email@example.com