Product Manager - IIoT Technology
Location: AMI Global HQ – Las Vegas, NV
AMI is an IIoT technology company with a focus on secure software, hardware, and cloud solutionsfor equipment manufacturers. AMI’s IIoT solutions allow customers to connect pumps, motors and variable speed drives to the internet, enabling data collection, device control and digital transformation.
We are a diverse team with a passion for what we do. The IoT space is very attractive and we are seeing major growth in our sector. If you want to join a busy team which are working on the coolest IoT products for the industrial sector then drop us a note.
As Product Manager, you will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market and work closely with the different teams within the AMI organization.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
• Gain deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate
new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
• Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
• Work closely with engineering teams to deliver MvP with minimal resources requirements
• Be able to own the process of moving MvP into full commercial release
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding with clients
• Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and
• Proven work experience in technical product / project management
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate
recommendations to management customer decision makers.
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in Industrial IoT,
hard- and software development, digital transformation and web technologies
• Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Ability to travel in North America and Europe
• Strategic thinker with passion for products
• The ability to empathizes and interview the customer
• Ability to communicate with technical teams.
• Capable of working on projects where technical documentation is sometimes to be created on the fly
• Deep technical understanding on UI, cloud, electrical and mechanical designs
• Has the ability to create technical documentation incl. specifications, manuals and product leaflets
• Structured in product specification definition and approach
• Aspires to build great user experiences
• Collaborative leader with the ability to prioritize
• Strong business and problem-solving skills
• Capable of running multiple parallel projects
• Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
• Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across complex, global customer organizations
• Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team.
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined
• Evaluates products & processes to assure compliance.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Ability to work in dynamic and fluid situations, and effective navigates through ambiguity Personal Attributes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
• Willing to assist in QA on own products and help draft technical specification with clients
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavourable odds and setbacks
• Handles tight deadlines, resources allocations and a busy environment with motivation
• Commitment, Perseverance, Passion
This individual will report to the company Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
To apply for this position, please send an email with your current resume and contact details to the
following email address: email@example.com